We know the importance of agriculture to our community — it’s our heritage! We’ve been farming for 4 generations in Nueces and San Patricio Counties, Texas. Klepac Farms itself was established in 1981. (Read more about our history …) It is our good fortune to be able to share our working knowledge of farming with students of all ages. School field trips to the Rockin’ K Maze are educational, as well as memorable — for students, teachers and chaperones alike.
September 25 – November 2, 2018
Tuesdays thru Fridays| 10am to 1pm
Learning on a farm is fun! Field trips include:
- Online curriculum material for you to share with students either before or after the field trip
- Short educational presentation on the importance of agriculture in our world, including show/tell on corn, cotton or other grain crops grown at Klepac Farms
- Six-acre sorghum maze with age-appropriate “passports” to help guide you through the trails from entrance to exit
- Play time in the Lil’ Farmers playground
- Other activities around the farm, including: Spider Web, Dummy Steer Roping, Hamster Wheel, Pumpkin Bowling, Corn Hole Toss, Tether Ball, Giddy Up Bouncy Balls, See Saws.
- One ride on the ever popular Cow Train
$6 per student/chaperone.
Two (2) chaperones for each class and MUST be identified with a nametag by teacher.
Teachers, Teacher Assistants, and bus drivers are FREE.
Reservations MUST be made online.
Parents and Siblings will be charged regular price admission plus tax and an additional $1 PER ride on the cow train.
Discounts DO NOT apply.
Tips for your visit
- Please provide students with drinking water! We will have bottled water for sale. We do not have water fountains on the farm
- Our concession stand will not be open on field trip days. Our gift shop, The Koop, will have water and prepackaged snacks available to purchase as well as souvenirs. Please remember tax is included in our prices.
- We have restrooms and hand-washing stations
- You will be assigned a picnic area upon arrival. REMEMBER…there could be several schools at the farm during your field trip. PLEASE respect them and their space (seating area).
- You are more than welcomed to bring blankets to have a picnic lunch.
- Please dress appropriately. Wear jeans and closed-toe shoes. Caps or hats are recommended. Don’t forget sunscreen and off!!
- REMEMBER to check the weather before your scheduled field trip. Our business depends on weather. If it is raining or the grounds are too muddy, we will not open and will do our best to reschedule. We will be in contact with you to reschedule if need be.
- Blankets are allowed for a picnic lunch.
- DO NOT count parents in your headcount.
- Tables are reserved for students, teachers, and school staff.
- Due to lack of supervision, teachers must know where their students are at all times.
- Maze & cow train close at 12:30 pm.
PLEASE arrive on time … we have a schedule to follow. The farm closes at 1pm on field trip days. You are responsible for your students.
Field Trip Guest Policy: Parents & siblings are welcome, but MUST stay with their class and not wonder off. They are NOT to be counted in your headcount. Tables are reserved for students, teachers, and school staff first.
Safety: This is an ALL OUTDOOR ACTIVITY. Please check your children’s records for “bee” sting allergies. There will also be hay bales for the children to sit and play on so check on allergies pertaining to hay straw. If a child has an allergy, the child must bring appropriate medication. We will not administer or distribute any medication. On site, we have an emergency first aid kit.